Basic care for your denim garments
Denim is one of the basic textiles in a closet, with many different garments available, such as jackets, shirts, vests. The versatility and resistance of this fabric has made it very popular, and if you want your garments to last for a longer time, keep on reading this article as we will show you the basic care.
“Denim is a very resistant fabric, so by following the care instructions shown on the garments, you can preserve them in a good state for more time, and save money on your wardrobe”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
The following tips will show you the basic care you must give to your denim garments:
- What not to do – Never put your denim garments into the dry machine, as they will shrink. Instead, hang them outdoors to let them dry.
- Spots – If you want to get rid of spots on your denim garments without damaging them, spray a solution with vinegar over the spots and hang the garment under the sun before you wash it as regularly. Remember not to use hot water, as that will damage the color.
- Distresses garments – One of the trends is to wear distressed jeans. If you want to do them at home instead of buying them, never use scissors or cheese graters. Instead, use sandpaper. You will need practice and patience, but the final result will worth it.
- Correct length – One of the most important things to consider is the length of your jeans. If they are too long, the hem will be drag and the fabric will be damaged and get dirty. Do not let the hem of your jeans touch the ground.
- Throwing out jeans – Experts say not to throw out your jeans, you can always alter them, personalize them or recycle them. This way you will be helping the environment and saving money in clothes if you turn your old jeans into a new pair of shorts, and apron or a skirt or items for your house.
“There are plenty of different things you can do to take care of your jeans properly, it is important to follow the care instructions in your garments so you can keep them for more time”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.