How to classify denim?
Denim is one of the most popular textiles in the world, used in different types of garments but mainly on the famous jeans that have become more popular over the jeans. In this article, we will talk about the different types of denim and how they are classified.
“Denim has many characteristics that make it unique, such as being easy to work with, resistant and the garments manufactured with it are very affordable for persons who like wearing it”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Here are the different types of denim and how they are classified:
- Raw denim – This denim is easy to identify for its dark color and rigid feeling, this fabric is not washed or treated with chemical once it has been dyed and many users love raw denim jeans because the original color lasts for a longer time.
- Matte finishing denim – Done with complex mercerization processes to get a soft finished fabric.
- Organic denim – Manufactured with complete organic cotton and the highest security standards, due to the strict process, this fabric is less affordable than the rest.
- Stretch denim – This is a popular fabric for denim lovers as the jeans manufactured with stretch denim are very comfortable and easy to adapt to the shape of a body.
- Silk denim – Silk is very popular for being a beautiful, soft and resistant fabric, and the combination with denim is highly powerful. This fabric is a great alternative for fashion clothes.
- Ringspun denim – This fabric is manufactured with a very interesting method that consists of making a ring spin, that is where it gets the name. Although the fabric is resistant and soft, the surface can be irregular at some places.
“There are plenty of different types of fabrics as manufacturers are constantly looking for new methods to reinvent it, and this fabric still has much to show us”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.